Monday, January 25, 2010

Evolving as a GEEK

This was a very busy weekend for me - I am diligently working on my website and am basically ready to launch - hallelujah! I've tried a number of different sites and have finally found one I can use - WIX at www.wix.com - a knowledge of html is not required. Before the end of this week, perhaps by the end of the day I will have my website live!

All geekery and no fun can mean a very boring weekend - can't have that. Saturday my husband and I had reservations at Zahav in Philadelphia - one more week of Philadelphia Restaurant Week to go - make your reservations fast! The tasting menu at Zahav, http://zahavrestaurant.com/, was excellent - middle eastern food, excellent service, amazing beverages! We actually stopped by one of our favorite watering holes before dinner - Monks' Cafe, www.monkscafe.com - wonderful Belgium beers (Tripel Karmeliet on tap
).

Saw 2 movies this w
eekend: the Blind Side - excellent; and Crazy Heart - Jeff Bridges was great as was the music, but not much of a story.

Made time to cook on Sunday - a recipe that bears repeating, and I rarely repeat a recipe - Spicy Vietnam
ese Beef and Noodle Soup (http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Spicy-Vietnamese-Beef-and-Noodle-Soup-103111) - the rich homemade stock gives it a hearty flavor, but the addition of raw veggies keeps it light at the same time. The recipe calls for oxtails - they make a great stock - if you can't find them you could just use meaty soup bones. Don't skimp on the spices - they give the soup a very intense flavor!

No comments:

Post a Comment