Thursday, June 17, 2010

Longing for Paris

A few years ago my family took a trip to Paris - a city that I had very little interest in visiting. Well, I WAS WRONG. We had a fabulous vacation that lives on in fond memories for me - the people, the food, the sites - everything was perfect. Every now and again those memories surface in my quilting, specifically the Eiffel Tower.

This is a post card I threw together a few years ago after our vacation.

Last year I created this tonal appliqued version of the tower from a upward gazing angle.

I've been working on yet another Eiffel Tower - I'm going to wait to share it with you until I'm further along - let's just say it's bigger than a postcard, bigger than a bread box as well.

Like the applique block - I'll be up loading it as a free pattern this week - should give you adequate time to get your quilt ready for Bastille Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment