Thursday, August 26, 2010

Call Out!

I've become a member of C&T Publishing's Creative Troupe - see the link to the right. Being a member has its perks - like being eligible to participate in "call-outs". Last week I responded to a call for members interested in playing with Liquitex ink - how could I pass that one up - I've never tried ink on fabric - I was curious. Today I received my sample Liquitex inks - blue, crimson red and a transparent umber.
The color is highly saturated, and very thin / watery in consistency. A little goes a long way.
I tried the blue out on a scrap piece of fabric - dry fabric and a dry brush. As you can see there was minimal bleed of the color producing a nice definition of the brush strokes.
Tomorrow more play time with the inks - I plan on trying to stamp with them, test the bleed on wet fabric, thicken them to try with silk screening, monoprint, sample on wool and printed fabric, and experiment with the transparent umber as an overlay - I've got my work cut out for me.

I need to create a project featuring the inks no larger than 12 x 12 inches by September 17 - no problem! Promise to share my experiments with you tomorrow - this is going to be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment