Friday, August 6, 2010

Two for Two-sies

Yesterday I shared the beautiful dress with you that I made for my niece's 2 year old birthday using a pattern from oliver + s. I just couldn't stop myself at the dress - - - I had to make the kimono inspired pajamas - the pattern is unisex as you can see.

I fell in love with this fantastic fabric from Free Spirit by Valori Wells called Nest - purchased it at Spool in Philly. They call it a viole, but I think it feels more like a lawn cloth - it is so light and airy, it feels like you're wearing a breeze. If you want to make a blouse for yourself you'd want to line it - or not - depends what reaction you're looking for - it is fairly transparent.
Here are two views of Katie Mae's kimono PJ's - as you can see I used a red solid as my contrasting fabric.




















A day after Katie Mae's birthday party I found these great magnetic dress up dolls - they reminded me of the oliver + s patterns, and of my paper dolls when I was young. I stashed those away for Christmas.

1 comment:

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

Lovely projects! And, BTW, we have bought many Melissa and Doug toys for our grandchildren; they are terrific (the toys AND the kids). Got Caroline the princess "paper dolls" and both of them enjoy the sandwich making set and the cookie baking set.

Post a Comment