Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Charley Harper Quilt Along

Here's a look at my espresso table books - quite an interesting collection - all very visual. My favorite - Charley Harper - - - My husband gave me this for Christmas - a mammoth collection of the works of Charley Harper - over 5 pounds and 423 pages from this master illustrator. His works are primarily nature oriented, but with a stylized, modern twist. He is particularly known for his illustrations of birds - he can create lots of motion with a few carefully placed lines - it's amazing.
This was my first introduction to Charley Harper - my 2009 calendar - it was love at first site.

Ethne at the Flaming Stitches blog has started a Charley Harper Quilt Along, fully blessed by the Charley Harper estate. Anyone can join with the task of simply producing a quilted something a la Charley's style - you can copy one of his illustrations exactly, or take on the bigger challenge by creating something new, in Charley's style. No copying for me - - - I'm putting on my creative cap and designing something original - spring is the perfect time for inspiration. I'll keep you posted as I work on my entry.
Hey - why not join in???

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Bless you Lisa - I look forward to seeing what you create
It's amazing how many panels have been completed in just over 1 month so far, and the beauty of Charley Harper work is that there is so much of it we can keep creating with each new image that inspires and challenges us

yahaira said...

oh I can't wait to see what you come up with!!

Post a Comment