Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Big Field Trip Tomorrow

I am so excited - tomorrow is my big field trip to Lancaster for the AQS Quilt Show! This is the first time the AQS Show is being held in Lancaster, and the city is rolling out the red carpet. Of course I bringing my peeps with me - the Layers girls - always interesting, and eventful, when we head out together. I e-mailed them the "what not to forget" list earlier today - I don't want any surprises - no I forgot something, can we turn around - no can we make a potty stop. Forget it - we have ground to cover tomorrow and I need everyone to be on their best behavior. I'll try to post a review tomorrow night if I'm not too exhausted from our adventure.

I was putting some of my Easter decorations out today and thought you might be interested in seeing my redware eggs - these eggs were made by Lester Breininger of Robesonia, PA. Lester is a well known redware artist and international authority on this form of pottery. Aren't these cute!


Now this next egg is very special - I can't even believe I have it. It is Lester as an egghead. There are many collectors of redware, particularly Lester's redware - this egg would top off any collector's stash. Redware artists have a unique way of signing their pottery - they date the back and note the weather conditions - I love it.



Dinner tonight was delicious - straight from the April issue of Martha Stewart's Food Everyday. I made the tilapia and quinoa with feta and cucumber. Quinoa, a grain, is high in protein and fiber - it was used by the Incas in ancient times. Tonight I used red quinoa - either red,or the more common white quinoa, will do.

I made only one alteration to the recipe as written in the magazine. I had a lot of carrots on hand from the grower's market this past weekend, so I roasted them and added them to quinoa salad. The salad was delicious - so happy we have leftovers!


1 comment:

Cindi said...

Hope you have fun at the show! Peggi and I are going to meet in Paducah for the show there and we're both so excited. I can't wait to see the quilts that are in Lancaster. I'd love to hear about the vendors too: how many, what products, etc. so we'll have an idea what to expect. Have fun!!

Post a Comment