Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Save the Date!

It's that time of year - the new calendars are out!!! I am such a sucker for calendars. I know we're in the electronic age - many have replaced their paper / fabric calendars, and even their watches, with Blackberries and other electronic options - sorry - I'm an old fashioned girl when it comes to calendars (and watches). Why would you pass up the opportunity to be entertained by a new work of art every month, or more? My only problem is there are just so many to choose from I can never make up my mind. I need to calm down - - -
- - - Just like the calendar suggests! Don't you just love this example - you can find it on Etsy at the Keep Calm Shop. The calendars are available in a wide variety of colors. Check it out!

Last year I made some of my own fabric calendars using calendar blanks from another seller on Etsy, September House - it was so much fun. If you start now you can have a whole collection of calendars ready for holiday gift giving.
I have a calendar on my wish list for this Christmas - I never do wish lists. I want a Charley Harper calendar - again - I've been using them for the past few years - I just love his art work, especially his birds. If you want to learn more about the late Charley Harper visit his web site - you'll see many examples of his work and that of his son's art as well - check out his calendars - which one would you pick?

Quilter Jan Haworth created this tribute to the art of Charley Harper - I think she did an amazing job!

No comments:

Post a Comment